Everything in this world can be recycled or reused. Just the way it is said that even the flushed water is also recycled through Sewerage Treatment Plant (STP) for the purpose of saving the exploitation of the natural resources in the water. In the similar way, we see the news about the recycling of the waste like plastic, paper and steel etc. Experts say that all of these things can be recycled to produce new items in order to avoid environmental pollution.
After the industrial revolution took place in the 18th century, many instruments, equipments and gadgets were invented by the researchers and were incorporated in the modern lifestyle.All the manual things were taken over by the automated and mechanized machinery which could help reduce the use of human energy and man power.
Similarly, with a flourishing entertainment industry; radios, televisions and records players came into life. Along with that the use of batteries increased in different equipments. It all seemed very nice with the new inventions and innovation taking place and making life easier but in reality it had a darker side too. If we look at the other side of the story, the waste that these electronics and gadgets cause is drastic and chaotic. The effects of electronics waste are totally dreadful. There are ways to overcome these problems but we need to spread awareness about these items that they are also useful even after their life is over because they can either be reused or recycled for better purposes.
Organizations like the United Nations are playing their part by carrying out awareness programs in different countries so that they join hands against the threats caused by the electronic waste and work towards the reuse of the electronics after their usage. In this way they can step towards the betterment of the surrounding and help the environment become pollution free.
Here are some key points that need to be remembered so that one knows the importance of the recycling of the E-waste.
- 70% of the environmental pollution is caused by the improper disposal of the electronics.
- Metals like gold and silver get lost just because of the improper dumping of electronic devices.
- Disposing the batteries with hazardous chemicals bring harm not only to the environment but also to the human health.
- Natural disasters can also occur if the dumping of E-waste is extremely poisonous and dangerous.
We, as responsible citizens of our nation,need to work positively towards this problem and find ways to reduce the environmental pollution by disposing the electronics in an effective manner. The 3R’s are always productive for a better environment which are Reduce, Recycle and Reuse. We need to ensure that the electronics we possess can be reused or recycled afterwards.
Another factor we must consider is that if we want to dispose the electronics so they must be done cautiously ensuring that the hazardous and the dangerous chemicals are taken out of it so that once they are dumped, they don’t cause any harm into the landfills.
It is very important for us to work for the ecological and environmental benefits along with the socio-economic growth of our nation. Disposing electronic waste safely is the biggest step that we can take towards saving the Mother Earth.
- Overhaul The Waste Management Industry With 10 Small Business Ideas - May 11, 2016
- Waste Management Trends For 2016 - April 19, 2016
- How To Reduce Trash In Landfills – Celebrating Earth Day - April 5, 2016
- 5 Green Ways to Celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day - March 16, 2016
- Reduce, Reuse & Recycle Plastic To Save the Ocean – Celebrating World Wildlife Day! - March 4, 2016